Friday, May 4, 2012

The poet in me ;)

It was about 40 degrees Celsius outside when I got off the bus, “rolling in the”… heat. Long before, I found myself in a lovely small garden in front of a university right near the bus stop. Tall trees (shades), some kinds of unknown wildflowers, neatly trimmed grass… My mind got a breath of fresh air thanks to just a-few-step walk in this garden (the reason why I couldn’t linger is that I was “conscious” enough to catch sight of the bus which will take me home approaching). On the way home, that short yet pleasant moment “haunted” me and I, as a result, came up with an impromptu poem. Truth be told, this is the first time I have had such kind of literary inspiration! I like writing prose, but I have failed many times trying to come up with a poem.

I think it will be not fair to tell you all about how my first English poem came into existence then refuse to show you the poem :P OK, to avoid being labeled “mean”, I will show you my “masterpiece” ;)

"In this damn hot weather
The tree gives me a shelter
To escape from the temperature
I feel happier than ever
Oh thank you, Mother Nature!"

Hanoi, May, 3th, 2012
Signed,
Chi (maybe another Chi with dreamy eyes, the one that you didn’t use to know)

One thing I must confess after all is: In fact, on my way home, I could only think of two or three lines of poem and some words to fit in the rhyme. Not until a few minutes ago when I composed the draft of this note did I finish the rest of the poem :P
--> Conclusion: I have no gift in writing poem, so don’t ask me for more until another poetic thing catches my eyes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something...