Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Bridget Jones' Baby (2016) Review

Bridget Jones' Baby review (in an unconventional way)
***Spoilers warnings***
My review can’t help including some very specific details of the movie so if you still want your heart to skip a beat, consider before reading this :)

Want it or not, recently, all of my talks somehow ended up in the topic of love.
Just so you know, my usual life revolves around food and toys but sometimes when I’m in the cheesy mood, I can literally be rolling in the deep of my own love philosophy.

Indeed I have come up with a whole bunch of such philosophy last night when I could barely sleep but I was almost brainwashed when I woke up this morning. All I can remember is that I should write a little note about what it means to be a true partner.

Several days ago, I went to see Bridget Jones’ Baby, the third installment in the first and only romcom trilogy in the new millennium so far. And of course, it’s my all-time favorite romcom.



Colin Firth, my first Hollywood crush (which is still going strong up to now) starred in this movie. I am conscious that Mark Darcy is just fictional and there may be no such a man in real life but I find it interesting to point out some characteristics of a good partner. He is not necessarily destined to be your husband but at least, love someone like him and you will never regret it.

1. Always respects his woman.
If platonic love is something far-fetched nowadays, then one of the few things we should hold on to is respect. No respect? Obviously, he is just playing with your heart and no matter how much honey he pours into your ears, all that will be left is a deeply wounded heart. (Need I to cite the name Daniel Cleaver here LOL)
In Bridget Jones’ Baby, Mark reunited with Bridget in an unexpected way after their break up presumably quite a few years ago. But guess what, he greeted her politely and simply commenced the conversation with the classic “Hello. How are you?”. No more questions into present personal life, no sign of bitterness and hatred often found in long separated couples. And do I have to go back to previous installments to mention how Mark respects Bridget despite the fact that she is a clumsy woman who always unintentionally brings shame to the person she accompanies.

2. Be responsible
Mark’s reaction to the news of the baby is one of the best things in this movie. He was lost for words for a minute then excused himself for another while just to come back and say how much grateful and honored he is to hear the news. Awwww, how sweet!!!!
Throughout the time Bridget is in labor, Mark is there, despite of course an emulator :))
He maybe cold in his expressions and not so good with words but in these moments, he is so gentle and patient and caring and lovely <3

3. Be by your side at the right time
It’s impossible (and honestly too troublesome) to be together 24/7. 
I guess one of the reasons that lead to the break up between the two is the fact that Mark is such a busy lawyer and a sensitive girl like Bridget feels like she’s left out sometimes. That’s why she always repeats: “Receive the call. It might be work”. But in the crucial moment where Bridget desperately needs someone to help her out of the miserable situation, Mark is there, willing to throw away all his work responsibilities (not to mention his phone too :)) just to be beside Bridget. And that’s also when my favorite line kicks in: “Well, I can always find time to save the world. And Bridget, you're my world”. *melting*

Now excuse me to end this review in such an abrupt manner but as I told you, I forgot what I intended to say just after a night sleep. Can’t help it, right? :)))


Hope you go watch this movie and may you be melted (or at least warmed) by the gentleness of Mr.Darcy :3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something...